Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hello? Is Anybody Out There?

Hello my lovely friends, readers and strangers alike, 

It's been a while. Too long if you ask me. Life has a way of sweeping me off my feet.That is neither here nor there. 
The point is.. I am here!I am happy, and determined, and damn well going to write this blog like I mean it. 
For those of you still scratching your heads please refer to my previous post(dated in June haha, life I tell ya!)I have taken my time. Sorry for the delay. 

Back to the same old, the usual and the new and interesting. 
A little update of sorts.. It has been 4 months since my last post, I don't know how the time escaped me...
I won't bore you with all the nitty gritty details, as I said it's a bit messy. The summer was long and emotionally consuming. Work is busy. My art making is on hold for the time being, or at least some what delayed. I am really trying to find my feet again, and things are looking up. Hooray for that! All I can say is I am a very lucky girl to have such amazing family and friends, people that stick by me even when the going gets rough and Erin checks out. Thank you to all of those amazing people.
Cheers to life. 

My weight loss journey has been a bit bumpy. I was doing so well for so long and then I hit a wall, plateaued and lost my unsinkable ship, burned the wagon down and took no prisoners. (No more cheesy lines I promise!) I indulged for a while, and gained back 15lbs. Now it's time to get down to business. 
It's not about numbers, it never has been for me. I am working towards a healthier me, whatever that may look like. In the wise words of my younger sister, "it's a feeling, and you will know when you find it". In the meantime, I am back on the wagon, and looking for work out inspiration and new ideas to keep me motivated. Yay! My goal for the short term is to hit 50lbs lost, and reward that with a new tattoo. 

So that's that. Life in a nutshell. 

Now why? Why am I writing again? Because to be perfectly honest, I need it. I need to write this all down and tell my ridiculous stories, and share useless facts and interesting links, and all of the in between.. because it makes me smile, it keeps me motivated, it fulfills something that nothing else can, and it's fun ! I do wonder if writing this blog has helped any one along the way.. but I've come to the conclusion that even if I am the only one who ever reads this.. I'm still going to keep writing. 

I am ready to tell you ridiculous stories, share links and keep you mildly entertained at the very least....
(all the while giving you too much information, stories that are long and drawn out and full of needless detail and being up front and up close about everything, are you uncomfortable yet?.. I am a little bit, also feeling a little bit nervous and awkward) Sometimes the things in life that are the most worth while are also completely terrifying. More than anything I am excited to continue this adventure.. 


Love is loving yourself enough to take hold of your own life.. 



October 2012 40lbs lost so far..  




Love has done me a world of good.










No comments: