Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weekly Reflections: Melancholy and Malaise

Sigh. This week began and ended with a sigh. The beginning was a sigh of complete and utter pre-exhaustion. I knew the week was going to pack a punch. I should have known that the punch would knock me down.
Lesson learned: do not fill the entire week with things to do and endeavour to do every single one. I overwhelmed myself. No one else had a hand in that. The week thus ended with a sigh of actual exhaustion. 
Too many things in too little time. That is the end of that. This week I will vow to be much kinder to myself. Despite the toll my over active week has taken on me, I did have a wonderful week. 
I learned a few things this week too. I learned that it is okay to say no sometimes, for the sake of your mind. I learned that a week without the gym is not a sin, however it WILL take a toll on your mood. My moods were a marvel, "sit back and watch her head spin" said the people. Watch while she unravels! Next week I will not skip the gym, because a good long work out balances me out and smooths out the highs and the lows, the low lows. Today was a beautiful example of my many moods. The cat, our cat, Reznor for whatever reason begrudged me, I was petting him and he lost it, just wailed at me and scratched at me and I burst in to tears. What? Why? I felt like a mother whose child had just rejected a hug, just screamed at me instead of leaning in to me. I don't know what came over me but I cried and Paul giggled, while looking somewhat concerned. I think it must be hard to laugh and be concerned at the same time. This was just one of many coloured moods, this week we saw Angry Erin, Sad Erin, Melancholy Erin, Exhausted Erin, B*!&# Erin, Whiny Erin. Enough said!
I need to remember that going to the gym and working out is as much about my physical health as it is my mood. I will enjoy my low key and very well deserved relaxing weekend, and when Monday comes I will be prepared for a week of intensely good gym time. I think the key to a good week at the gym is in the planning, plan ahead. I will plot out the classes I want to go to and then fill in the blanks with self motivated workouts and training. I will use my notebook in hopes that writing the plan down will keep me on track. Here's where I give myself a handshake to seal the deal. Done and done. Moving forward now. 

In other news I now have two inspiring ladies to help me kick my butt in to shape. First is my lovely friend Danielle, a Weight Loss Consultant and Personal Trainer. She is amazing! <3 We try to make it to classes together whenever possible :)

The other of the two ladies is my Trainer at the gym, Noha. I will be working out with her two days a week starting this week. 
Excited dance commencing in 3,2,1. Yeah!

Last but not least, a quick update:
I have not faltered this week. Healthy Eating was accomplished. :) 
Indulgences: 2 - some chocolate and 2 cups of ice cream - nothing to fret about. 

I tried a protein powder this week, Vega - Chocolate flavoured, all natural, gluten free and plant based. I would not recommend it if you cannot stomach the taste of grass, because that is exactly what it tastes like.It purports to be chocolate, it is brown.. that does not equate to tasting like chocolate! It is grass flavoured at best. I will continue my search for protein powder. 

In the two months and 5 days since beginning this crazy adventure I have lost a total of 27 pounds now. I am sure at least 10 of those were pure water weight, even so success is still sweet as ever. 
I am also beginning to see the slightest bit of definition in my biceps. Weee! I am not naive, I know that it will not always be this easy, slow and steady wins the race right?. I have decided mini goals are the way to go, so for my first,I want to take off another 8lbs by my birthday,March 30th!I will try my best! 
That's all ladies and gentleman. Until tomorrow.
Sleep in Sunday is before me. Swoon

Love Erin 



1 comment:

Kristin Overton said...

Vega definitely has a strong stevia taste; I'm not a big fan myself, but if you can get over the taste, it's an amazing product. We use Progressive Harmonized protein. It does have stevia in it, but not as much. We definitely like the chocolate more than vanilla. They do make individual sample packs of it, so hopefully your health food store has them (so you don't have to commit to buying a whole jug of the stuff to then learn you don't particularly care for it).

I would love to see some deets on your workouts as a post <3