Thursday, January 10, 2013

Short and Sweet

Happy New Year! 


I love the feeling that comes with a new year, like pushing a magical reset button, full of possibility. The first thing I need to start a new year is a fresh perspective, something that took a little longer to find than I had expected. With a little push and a pinch of inspiration I found it. I found inspiration in the motivation of others. I remember feeling that motivation last January, I remember wanting change. I remember, but for some reason I needed my friends and family to remind me where it came from in the first place. It came from a place of love, love for myself and my life and the pursuit of positive change, growth, and happiness. 
I am thankful for the push in the right direction. I
I am thankful for the motivation to follow my heart, to keep setting fitness goals, to keep love in my life, filling that life with soul searching beautiful experiences, to pursue my side business with a little more effort, to give back to others, to take better care of my relationships and to love whole heartedly. Those are my resolutions. 

One of my favorite things about the new year and a new start is a new Journal. 
Every year I start a journal, a real journal, handwritten and scribbled in. These journals take many shapes and most are unfinished. I always begin with such enthusiasm and good intent. 
Some of them are filled with sad stories and poems written, song lyrics I like, a grocery list, a phone number, an important date, a to do list. No journal is alike. Some of my favorite pages are the ones written during my hardest times. At times when I am feeling lost I make lists. I love to make lists! I covet the listography books at the bookstore, if you haven't seen them they are amazing, essentially a notebook that beckons you to make lists of things you love. I digress.. My (joy brawl - thanks autocorrect) did I mention I'm writing this on my phone.. 
My journal lists often take the shape of lists of goals, I always find it interesting when I come across them. I found one recently that listed 10 goals and I was thrilled to see I had achieved 6 of them! This is where I come around to my point, that writing for yourself is fulfilling. I find insight about who I am as a person in the pages written 2, 3 , 4 years ago.. I find myself changed and even a little bit grown up! Gasp! This year I bought a new notebook to serve as my journal, and it's stacked with pages that I can't wait to fill with lists and thoughts, scribbles and change. 
If you're not a journal writer, why not try your hand at blogging? 
What is your favorite way to start a new year? 

Well my friends, it's bed time and time I bid you adieu. 
Much love and Happy Friday. 
Erin 

Ps. In the next week you'll find at least two new posts: 
- random pictures and updates 
- a new plan for workout and health super hero status 
- maybe ... Some recipes.. 
Stay tuned! 

No comments: