Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Renew

Hello Friends. 
It's been a while. A month and one day, and where have I been? 

I wrapped myself up in stress and let time go. The stress started with a labor intensive art project, which is still under wraps so I can't really elaborate.. The project was fun, and a huge opportunity, something that could truly jump start my little art business. It means a lot of exposure, but it came at a price. The project was what I like to call a time eater, all of my free time was eaten up! 

I often fail to come to terms with the toll that stress really takes on me. All of that creative energy and emotional energy,spent. By the end of the project I was a mess. A tear filled basket case! Curtain up and stress rears it's ugly head. I begun to feel like a lost cause. I have managed to stay on track 75% of the time, still eating well and fitting in exercise where I can. The power house of motivation I started with however, went out like a tide. I have been at a stand still, waiting for that tide to come in. Where did all that motivation go? Between the stress, the anxiety and complete emotional exhaustion.. the motivation left me. High and dry. I let stress get the best of me and it completely took over. 
I have not been conquered by it, and this is where it stops.
 I have come too far to let stress stop me in my tracks. I am on a mission to renew the motivation. 

This week started with a groan and with a little help today I feel like I am standing on both feet again. 
After catching up on some sleep and giving myself a little pep talk. I fit in a workout tonight, to a DVD I found at Cash Converters, called The Method - Dance to Fitness - Made in 2003, the video seems a little out dated, but the dancing was relaxing, fun and I managed to get a good sweat on. It was comparable to Zumba, but much calmer and low key. A nice mix of ballet, latin and belly dance, the warm up and cool down included some easy yoga too! 60 minutes later I was a much happier Erin. I did some belated veggie prep today, I had intended to do it on Sunday, better late than never right? Carrots and peppers ready for the next few days of lunches. Tomorrow morning is another go of 6AM training. Oh that's right,Update time!:
 I have started training two days a week Mondays and Wednesdays at 6am. It was rough to begin with, but now the time really doesn't phase me, and when I leave I'm happy and showered, ready for the day. 

I have lost 7 pounds since my last post. A total of 32lbs lost in 3.5 months. My new goal is another 10 by the end of April. 

After all the chaos and stress I have come to the conclusion that I need a plan. 
I cannot let stress have its way with me anymore. 
Here is my plan to Renew: 

1. Keep up the food journal - I have tracked my eating every day now, even when I have failed to fit in a workout, keeping track keeps me accountable 

2.Take my vitamins everyday 

3. Workout - 6 days a week - I need momentum again, when I can keep this up, I'll work back down to 4-5 days a week, for now motivation is the word. 

4.Eat - All of the healthy, green and beautiful food that makes me smile. 

5. Plan to move - A solid plan to move my body everyday, even if it's not set in stone..
It might look like this:  Monday - Training  Tuesday - Running AM /Zumba class in the PM Wednesday - Class or a DVD at home Thursday - Running AM/ Step Class and Zumba class in the PM  Friday - Walking or Running and DVD at home Saturday - Day Off Sunday - Hot Yoga or Running 

6. Buy a Bicycle 

7. Workout with friends 

8. Reward myself accordingly. 
This month I bought an IPod to use at the gym, a cute little Nano touch, small enough to wear while working out or running. I also bought new jeans, a size smaller! and a new workout top and some yoga leggings!
Plenty of motivation. 

9. Celebrate - I was discussing this with my friend, I need to celebrate the successes, no matter how small. 
I forgot about the good, and was so intensely focused on the bad, it's time to remember the good! 

10. Be kind to myself. Sleep well, treat myself well mentally and physically. Don't be too hard on myself. 
Every day is a new day. 

So that's it friends. Time to renew. Hit the reset button and let's go! 
Cheers! and Happy Wednesday! 
xoxo Erin



A surprisingly fun and sweaty workout. 


My tiny IPod, full of music to keep me moving.






No comments: