Monday, November 12, 2012

#1 - Be Kind #ConfidentYou - Response Series

Hello Friends,
Here's the first post in response to Suger's "Confident You" challenge http://www.sugercoatit.com/category/confident-you/

Day # 1 - Be Kind 
Challenge: Make a reminder to be kind to yourself.
 http://www.sugercoatit.com/day-1-be-kind-confidentyou/

Suger challenges us to be kind, to ourselves. To embrace the way we are and the way we feel right now. To speak kindly to ourselves, and to take the advice we give others. Remind yourself to be kind. 

Today I am going to start by owning up to the fact that I am exhausted, emotionally and physically, yes, I am embracing that whole heartedly. 
I make it a point to tell myself and others exactly how I am feeling, sometimes to my own detriment. I believe in being honest, no matter how ugly that honesty might be. I have been less than kind to myself lately, putting extra stress on things I feel I have failed at giving my full attention. Mind and body come to mind here, I know deep down that I need a good nights sleep, good food and a really GREAT workout every day to keep my world balanced. It's just how I'm made,and when I get those things I am a happier brighter Erin. So where does the let down happen? How do I fall behind? Because I have forgotten to be kind to myself. I get so caught up in everything else, work, life, a social life, friends, family, and the daily to do's. I often leave myself last on that list. Hanging stress and pressure over my own head has done me no good, the guilt is just tireless. I am going to strive to be kinder to myself, to go back to journalling and healthy eating, to earlier bed times and workouts. To the land of a calmer happier me. 
I am going to take time after work to breathe, to relax, and read, or paint, or just sit and meditate. I am going to be mindful of how I speak to myself and of myself. Afterall, picking yourself apart only hurts you in the end. No one else can do these things for me. 
I am going to remember that it is okay to feel the way that I do when I do and to embrace it for what it is and move on. 

I am also going to give myself little rewards, for a week where I have been nothing but kind to myself. I am going to go see a movie, go for ice cream (in the snow yes), blast some of my favorite music, take a walk, go out with a friend, just celebrate all the ways that we can be kind to ourselves... however I see fit. 

How are you kind to yourself?
What makes for a happier you?
What are you going to do to remind yourself?











No comments: