Saturday, January 7, 2012

Good for the Soul Food - Experiments in Healthy Eating


Making healthier choices is easy. Changing the way I think about food and the way I eat has not been easy. I was never the junk food queen, and I do not binge wildly. I am the product of both my families genes, a strong bone structure, some hap hazard emotional eating, and a long winding history of struggles with Mental Health (that's a story for another day). 
I have no problems eating frequently through out the day, smaller meals and snack are easy enough.I have to spend more time battling with cravings for things like Chocolate. I have no idea if I am doing this right?! I am truly out on a limb. There are three things I know I have in order. I am keeping track of everything I eat which keeps me accountable. I am thinking before I eat "Am I really hungry?" and really considering the options.I am also allowing myself small indulgences,for instance Frozen Yogurt at 110 calories, or some chocolate.
I am following the advice of friends who have either been here before or happen to be the experts.I feel like a mad scientist, and there are so many ingredients to experiment with. The combinations are endless.The more ingredients the better, my favorite things to create are stir frys, pastas with interesting sauces and of course desserts, but those will have to kept on the down low.It's an exciting and terrifying endeavor. Failing is not an option!! This change is for life, for better or worse.  


Dinner at Shawna's, Steak, Baked Potato with Plain Greek Yogurt (yummy alternative to sour cream) and Lebanese Salad - The most garlic you will ever taste in a salad! Yum! 


A little Salad of sorts I put together,  1 Raw Zucchini and  1 Mini Cucumber and 2 Tbsp Green Onion  with a tiny tiny bit of Herb and Garlic Dressing. 


Ingredients for my breakfast this morning! I used the other half of the salad above, and 3 egg whites, 1 egg


It doesn't look very pretty but it was amazing :) Yum!

Dinner time! 
Much Love 
Erin 



2 comments:

Danielle said...

woo! I can't wait till we do a cooking date!! There is so much to try :D Spices and stuff!! We can expierment wooo

E said...

Yum! I do so love cooking! Can't wait!