Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I call this post "Weekly Reflections"

Hello lovely readers. At this point I am not sure of how many of you actually exist out there.. make yourselves known if you so desire, I would love to hear from you. What do you like? or dislike about my blog thus far, what would you like to hear more of? or less of ? please grant me some insight in to the readers brain. I am writing this as much for myself as for you. A little peek in to my world. 

On that note, let's get this post on the road. 
There's a few posts I would like to keep as a regular thing, a weekly theme if you will, one is the Good for the Soul Food posts, I like taking pictures and taking pictures of amazing food is fun and reminds me why I am doing this. Also it might inspire someone else! and Secondly this brand new post, drum roll please...badadadadaa
I will call it "Weekly Reflections", fairly self explanatory.

This week I would like to reflect on a few things. 
First, the adventure so far. Here's an update. 
I started this December 29th 2011, with all the motivation in the world and a hope that I can make positive change in my life. So far, so good. I am still motivated and inspired! The changes in my eating habits have been drastic, but so welcome. Smaller portions and a fine balance have been achieved, just need to fine tune. I have found my down falls in cravings, and the weekend, oh the weekend. Giving in to cravings has miraculously only occurred a tiny hand full of times. When hit with a craving, I have tried to stick to a healthy alternative to it, for instance chocolate, I have just a little chocolate. I wanted dessert so I had some Frozen Yogurt with Strawberries. As I've said before indulgence is necessary, to keep self punishment at bay. So for my Mom's Birthday I had 2 cupcakes (light cream cheese icing, and gluten free but a cupcake is still a cupcake):) Weekends, my other down fall, weekends tend to be when I need to amp up my will power. It's usually time to kick back and relax, maybe go to the gym, hang out with friends and family. Well not all of my friends and family are following the same plan as I am, with all that comes temptation, to abandon all reason and have a little weekend food party! but where would I be then? So I make a strong effort to stay on track.  

Now the successes, I have lost 10lbs since starting this adventure, truthfully I don't rely much on the scale to tell me what I want to know. I trust in the fit of my clothes, I have space for a small melon in a few of the t-shirts I bought on boxing day and my jeans are feeling a bit slippy. Crossing my fingers for one size down by mid February. I have gained some perspective and a new way of looking at what I eat. I am thoroughly enjoying my workouts, even the absolutely agonizing ones. My measurements have only decreased in mere 1-2 centimeter increments. I am happy with my progress so far.

I want to thank all my readers and supporters from the bottom of my heart, for reading, for leaving commentary and just for being there. Even if the sum of my readers is small, I am thankful for every one of you. I love writing, for me and for all of you. :) That's mean you! Thank you from my pink squishy heart to yours. 

I posted a few posts back about this website:
www.operationbeautiful.com Go check it out now! 
I want to say this is the week I start taking part. I am going to keep a pad of post it notes in my purse and my gym bag and leave messages where ever strikes my fancy. I think that self confidence, optimism and love for oneself is hard to come by, and it's on the decline. I believe in random acts of kindness, these post its are just that,random compliments and uplifting ideas and quotes.Call it cheesy. I love it! We all love the cheesy and happy notes that come from a fortune cookie, it's  like a real live fortune cookie. Who doesn't love that? 

I made a friend at the gym this week. I don't know what came over me. Being the part time shy girl that I am. I was leaving the gym and saw a woman that had been working out near me, she seemed nice, she smiled and was working hard. I thought I wonder if she would be interested in a work out buddy? So I just walked right up to her and said "Hi, I know this is kind of weird, but might you be interested in working out with me sometime?" and then proceeded to explain that I don't know anyone else who goes to that gym and how nice it would be to workout with someone once in a while. She smiled and agreed, and then we had a little chat. It was nice, and just goes to show me that being friendly pays off.  Am I totally weird? 

Energy, I love the energy I have gained from all this movement. There are nights, like last night for instance when I get home from the gym and I am aching all over, muscles crying out in pain, tired and a little bit grumpy. Most nights are quite the opposite, I feel pumped up and happy,I drive home from the gym singing. The mornings and days following a good work out are worth all the pain in the world, it is like waking up inside. 
I have so much energy, I don't feel like I need to reach for a coffee and I am able to think clearly and just enjoy my day. Doesn't mean I don't have my bad days, but wow! Love the energy kick! Who needs coffee? 

Inspiration - The last week or so music has been a huge inspiration. Good music in the car on the way to the gym and leaving it, and good music to workout to. Upbeat, high energy stuff. I'm also feeling inspired by all the strong women I encounter at the gym, I want to be there, I want toned arms and a nice butt. 

I am feeling good about this week and with some newly acquired knowledge from my amazing friend Kristin I feel like moving forward the food equation will be a little less confusing.  Thanks Kristin. 

Hurray for Wednesday mornings, my favorite day of the week. 
Not so excited for waking up in 4-5 hours. Oops! 
I am a night owl at heart. 

Cheers readers and so much love! 
Erin 







1 comment:

Kristin Overton said...

You're a sweetheart- I hope your gym buddy realizes what a good thing she's got in a friend like you! I'm more than happy to help whenever & wherever I cam- mwah! Hot yoga date when I come visit in a few months?