Monday, January 9, 2012

Manic Monday

Good Afternoon! Monday, Monday, Monday.
Busy morning and a quiet afternoon and I'm happy to have it. I ran to the office, got as much done as I could in the short time I had to be there, visited with my work ladies, and then picked up my Mom and came home for some lunch. Turkey Chili and Zucchini with Red Pepper Dip was on the menu. Yum! Spent most of this afternoon hanging out with my Mom in the family room. So nice to just relax, especially when I look at the insanely busy week ahead of me. It's almost time to go to the gym! Tick tock. The weekend was busy busy too. Highlights included spending time with Shawna, Ladies Night with the ladies from work, spending time with my boyfriend Paul, you'll meet him later in picture form :). Sunday I spent my morning working out with the ladies from our Health and Fitness group, thanks to Danielle's organization,. Sunday we met at the stairs in Sunnyside, (if you don't know Calgary, this won't make sense, it's a giant wooden staircase that scales the side of a very steep hill over looking the river.) The plan was to go up 8 times, which when counted was 1,320 stairs in total. 3,000 calories burned! It was daunting, and harder than I imagined it would be, by the 5th time up and then down again my legs were rubber. By the end, I felt amazing, like I could do it all over again! Today my calves still burn and my buns! I would do it again in a heart beat. Yay for stairs! Tonight I think I may try to make it to a class at the gym and get a good burn on.

Happy Monday!
Much Love
Erin


Some mood lighting for Yoga time in my "living room" (I currently, and temporarily reside with my parents in their basement, and the living room is kind of my everything room)


Yoga Mat, Towel and Resistance Band/Mat Strap 


The view from the top. The Bow River and Downtown Calgary 


Down, down we go. 


The stairs in all their glory, they kind of blend in to the brown hill. Brown hills in January? I know! weird!



Another view, way to right in the distance somewhere are the Rocky Mountains. 


According to the tape measure I've lost 6 centimeters from my abs. Feeling good!!! 





No comments: